Citibank represents the consumer banking operations of financial services giant Citigroup. The unit has more than 1,000 branches in about a dozen US states. California and Texas are its largest markets, but the bank also has a significant presence in the Northeast, as well as in Chicago and Miami. It has about 300 international locations in some 40 countries, with a focus on emerging markets in Asia, Latin America, and Central and Eastern Europe. Citibank provides standard banking fare such as deposit accounts, credit cards, and loans to consumers and small businesses, and utilizes its parent’s breadth of financial services to also offer investment and financial planning services.
Job Title: TELLER – Transaction Svs. Rep 3
As Funds Transfer Teller
• Receipt and handling RTGS/NEFT/FOREIGN CURRENCY OUTFLOWS/LOCAL CURRENCY OUTFLOWS/BOOK TRANSFERS/MC REQUESTS, DRAFT REPURCHASE, AND RE-ISSUANCE REQUESTS etc. from customers/clients/reps.
• Ensure all MIFTABLE transactions are treated in accordance with bank’s MIFT policy.
• Pass all instructions on orbiflow indexing it to the processing unit on the intellect scan.
• Check periodically on flexcube if entries have been correctly passed.
• Identifying transactions/documents for introduction into the relevant orbiflow queue/depts. (e.g. DACS, FT, TROPS, TRADE, TRADE Ops, LEGAL, etc.)
• FIRS processing
• Identifying authorized reps on system
• Mandate update request handling amongst others.
• Processing of custom duty transactions.
• Ensure proper monitoring and prompt booking /liquidation of investments requested submitted at the branch.
Head Teller Functions
• Handling / processing cash transactions (Deposits and Withdrawals) from Current and Saving accounts
• Handling / processing foreign currency transactions (PTA / BTA – Form As and Domiciliary Accounts)
• Handling / processing of others transactions like expense tickets, counter cheques, etc.
• Handling and coordination of cash delivery and pick-up from customers’ locations
• Handling and coordination of cash pick-ups from implant locations
• Perform / Act as branch TI support staff
• Performing back-up functions in handling / processing cheque deposits (Citibank and Other Banks)
• Performing back-up functions in handling / processing of specialised products (Collections) – FIRS, MultiChoice etc.
• Vault Operations
• Cash –In –Transit management
• Supervision of Note Counters/Tellers
The following are the specific tasks and responsibilities of the Counter Service Head Teller/Funds Transfer Teller:
• Ensure adequate working supply of cash is brought out from the vault each day and disburse cash to all tellers on request in line with procedure. Ensure all cash exchanges are properly documented.
• Ensure all vault operations are done in joint custody with the Cash Officer/alternate as per policy.
• Monitor cash on premises and ensure it does not exceed set limit. Any excess to be shipped to the vault immediately.
• Ensure all customers’ requests/instructions are complete with proper documentation in line with applicable regulations and guidelines of Central Bank of Nigeria, tax laws of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, U.S anti-boycott and antimony laundering guidelines, Citigroup policy and local procedures.
• Time-stamp (validate) and signature-verify all customers request and refer those that require callback/status approval to supervisor for action.
• Ensure transactions are not processed for SDN names and sanctioned countries by checking the SDN list prior to processing transactions.
• Report all qualifying transactions processed in line with existing NDLEA limits.
• Ensure appropriate charges are applied as per bank’s charges list, applying concessions where applicable.
• Process all customer requests within the standard turn-around time and without error (e.g. cheques encashment, cash deposits, cheque deposits, PTA/BTA purchase, etc.).
• Ensure stated procedures and policies for all products are adhered to while processing.
• Update Registers where required before processing/after processing.
• Ensure all transactions processed during the day are fully authorized and there is no pending transaction left on the system before closing for the day.
• Liaise with and monitor the activities of note counters – receive cash from the bulk-counting room for prompt processing.
• Ensure all cash received and paid is properly accounted for by preparation of teller proof at the end of each day. Perform intermittent balancing during the day.
• Tracking and report relevant metrics to MIS and other units.
• Maintain appropriate confidentiality and security of customer and transactional information stored in any form (images, application files, databases, spreadsheets, papers, registers, files etc.) in line with local procedures and departmental designations. Ensure proper put-away procedures are observed at close of business and during any temporal absence from workstation.
• Perform additional projects and responsibilities as assigned by branch management.
• Authorization of Clearing cheques on the CIS processing application.
• Daily balancing of clearing sessions.
Internal: Highly frequent contact with Technology Infrastructure, Head Office, Cash Management Ops, Documentations, Citiservice, Treasury, Finance, and Relationship Management. Moderately frequent contact with Treasury Operations, Credit Administration and Up-country branches.
External: Highly frequent contact with Customers, and Teller Implant Locations
Educational Requirement: Basic College Degree
Work Experience: 2 – 6 years
Personal Attributes: Good Interpersonal/Communication Skills
Meticulous and Accurate
High level of integrity/sense of responsibility
SPECIALIZED SKILLS/EXPERIENCE Contd:
Job Challenges: Error Free Processing
Ability to work under pressure
Compliance with regulatory/institutional requirements
Processing within standard turnaround times
Commitment to customer satisfaction in a highly competitive industry
Preparation of reports with tight timelines
Weekend and public holiday work
§ Highly risky market with potential for fraud.
§ High level of manual processes.
§ Handling/supervising very large volumes of cash.